Thursday, November 13, 2008

No lunch today

So I had a whole fun, upbeat topic that I was going to post today while eating my lunch BUT I cooked my edamame, picked up the first pod and almost puked. There was a worm (or a maggot, I'm not really sure) half way out of one of the beans and some brown gook in the pod. It was so disgusting, but like the car wreck that you can't turn away from, I had to keep looking at it and poking at it to the point that I don't think I can ever eat another edamame again. I tried to take a picture, but I only have my phone camera and it didn't do it justice (plus I thought it might not be a good idea to post that... the few readers I have might never come back!). So instead I showed it to a few other people who are now foregoing lunch today as well, thanks to me. And because I can't get it off my mind, I decided to share with all of you my utter disgust.

(BTW, do you like the melodrama? I'm famous for it. Though I kind of wish you could see the worm, then you wouldn't think I was exaggerating quite as much as you think I am. Plus this is giving me flashbacks to the time I was eating a peach and had a BIG bug come out of the pit... needless to say I have a thing about inspecting my food before I eat it.)

I think I need to eat something totally fake, processed and fried for dinner. Something with no chance of having a bug in it.

1 comment:

Mrs.French said...

very descriptive...felt like vomitting just by reading this post...you poor thing...xo t