Monday, November 17, 2008

Blown Glass Pumpkin

Last Thursday, my girlfriend and I went to artbyfire to make blown glass pumpkins. Neither of us had done blown glass before, and I am still kicking myself for forgetting to bring my camera! But it was so much fun, we both want to go again.

They let us choose between 4 different color combinations and we more like helped them with making the pumpkins. They did all the hard parts - like making sure the liquid glass didn't fall off the pole, fixing the pumpkins when we made their shapes look more like an eggplant, and making and attaching the stem. We got to put the colored glass onto the liquid glass, heat up the colored glass in the ovens, and blow through the pole to make the bubble.

We were disappointed when they told us we couldn't take them home that same day. We're both all about the instant gratification! But my girlfriend pick them up on Saturday, and here it is:

So much fun! I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: