Tuesday, October 21, 2008

art card emotions


I received my October art card by Heather yesterday and love it. It really resonates with me – “encourage” and “remembrances” are both emotions that have been running high for me lately.

It is coming up on the 1st anniversary of my grandmother’s passing. She was the first person close to me to die and it was really hard. I’ll be traveling back home for Thanksgiving and will be there for the anniversary as well. I love going home and being with family, but this year seems bittersweet and I am already having mixed emotions. I have been thinking about my grandmother a lot – I wore a strand of pearls that were hers and touched them all day, I look at my feet and see hers, I cook certain food and remember her always in the kitchen. Being at home will be both good and bad… I know it will be easier to pass this milestone with family, but it will also bring back so many memories that make me miss her so much. At the same time, I will be surrounded by friends and family and new babies who I am so excited to meet for the first time. I know I will have a great time, I know I will shed tears, but I also know I will be surrounded by people who love and care for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is an art card?? sounds like something i would LOVE...i'll check out her site... :)