Friday, September 12, 2008

Leaves

I really like this picture.
This is what's left of the leaves that fell into water that came off the hot springs in Yellowstone. For some reason it reminds me of fall. And of the box of leaves that my aunt sent me when I was in grade school. She lives in Connecticut and sent me a box full of dried leaves, so colorful and in shapes I'd never seen before. I grew up in Hawaii, we didn't have seasons or leaves that changed color. It was very fascinating. I still have that box of leaves. I’ll have to dig them out and show them to you one day.

We are headed to southern California for the weekend to visit with family. I am very excited to see everyone, don't get me wrong, but it always seems like the weather is super great whenever we leave the state... I think the weather will be nicer here in Washington than it will be in California. *sigh*

Have a great weekend.

No comments: