Friday, August 22, 2008

A birthday and a new home

Here are a couple of cards that I made recently.

This first card is for my sister’s 30th birthday. I used Stampin’ Up stamps and rub-ons. I’ve just started using rub-ons and have decided that they are AWESOME! They are so easy to use, no smudging like with the stamps. I always seem to make the front of the card really nice, then I go and stamp the inside and it always smudges or has those extra little lines or ink blobs from the side of the stamp. I always tell myself that next time I will start with the inside first, but I never remember.
This card is for my cousin who just moved into a new house. It’s very exciting for them. They have 2 small children and they are moving from a small one story to a gigantic 2 story house. I haven’t made it down to visit yet, but I’m so happy for them.

I used sample paint cards for the background paper. The green and yellow are paint samples. I think it’s so appropriate for a housewarming card. And I also loved the names for the green paint “Tart Apple”, “Sweet Midori”, “New Green”, “Pepper Grass”. The house and trees are a
stamp that I colored in (the trees) with glitter pens. I’m a big fan of the glitter pens. I have so many sets of them. Even if they are sold individually, I always have to buy the whole set. Everything looks so much better with just a small touch of glitter.

In jewelry news, my shop is currently being shown in the MAIN Showcase on ETSY. I am offering FREE SHIPPING through the month of August.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: